Auto insurance protects you against financial loss in case of an accident or theft. Basic auto insurance is mandated by most U.S. states, and the laws vary. Whether its a car accident, theft, glass damage, hail, lawsuit, and more – we have a number of carriers and options available to protect you against just about anything.
Auto insurance provides coverage for:
- Property – such as damage to your car or theft of your car or if you cause damage to someone else’s car
- Liability – your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage- this includes lawyers fees to represent you in court
- Medical – the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses
Uninsured Motorist Coverage reimburses you when an accident is caused by a person who does not have auto insurance, or if the accident was a hit-and-run. Underinsured Motorist Coverage is available to purchase in the event that the other driver does not have enough coverage to cover an accident.
While most state mandated auto insurance covers damages your car causes, it does not cover damage to your own car. To cover your own car please consider these optional coverages:
- Collision – reimburses you for damage to your car that occurs as a result of an accident with another vehicle or another object. For example, a tree or guardrail, when you’re at fault. Collision coverage does not reimburse you for normal wear and tear or mechanical failures on your car. However it will cover damage from potholes or from rolling your car.
- Comprehensive – provides coverage against theft or other damage not caused by a collision, such as fire, vandalism, hail, falling rocks or trees- basically, anything other than colliding your car into something else.
- Glass Coverage – provides repair coverage for windshield damage. Some auto policies include no-deductible glass coverage, which also includes side windows, rear windows and glass sunroofs. Or you can buy supplemental glass coverage.
Our concierge insurance agents will take the time to explain everything to you, and tailor a policy that best suits your needs.