Equine Mortality Insurance
Horse mortality insurance, also known as equine mortality liability insurance, is a comprehensive policy that reimburses a horse owner for the death, theft and humane destruction of a covered horse.
Typically specified perils covers a horse for death including, but not limited to, the following:
- Transit risks
- Attack by wild animals
A specified perils policy does not cover a horse for death due to illness or disease.
Equine Mortality Coverage Options
Standard Mortality Coverage:
- For the death of your horse due to accident, injury, illness or disease, including humane euthanasia to prevent unmanageable pain and suffering to your horse.
- Full reimbursement up to the policy limit for the agreed value of your horse.
- Full reimbursement up to $5,000 for Emergency Colic Surgery at no additional charge.
- Guaranteed renewal of coverage.
- 90-day extension of coverage after the policy period for a covered cause of loss occurring and reported during the policy period.
- Coverage provided at 24 hours of age up to 20 years of age.
Major Medical and Surgical Coverage
You have three levels of coverage to ensure that your horse receives the best level of care for an injury, sickness, or disease that occurs during the policy period.
We represent carriers that allow Major Medical and Surgical coverage limits to exceed your Standard Mortality coverage limit.
- Flexible limit options of $7,500, $10,000 and $15,000.
- Excess coverage over the colic surgery benefit provided with Standard Mortality Coverage.
Surgical Only Coverage Option
Surgical only coverage is a cost-effective alternative to major medical and surgical coverage.
- Included reimbursement up to the $5,000 limit for a surgical procedure required as a result of an accident, injury, or illness.
- Provides excess coverage over the colic surgery benefit provided with Standard Mortality Coverage.
Other Optional Coverages
Some optional coverages include:
- Equine Colic Coverage – $3,000 in additional coverage for colic surgery or medical treatment expenses.
- Equine Accident and Illness Coverage – Reimbursement up to the $5,000 limit for veterinary fees incurred for diagnostic testing and treatment resulting from an illness, disease, or traumatic accident.
- Worldwide Coverage – Extends coverage outside of the United States and Canada coverage territories.
- Lessee Coverage – Modifies coverage terms for the unique aspects of horses under lease.
Our concierge insurance agents will take the time to explain your options and tailor an equine mortality liability insurance policy suited just for you. Ensuring the protection of your assets.